Replaced our very old mail server (yes, it was redhat too) with redhat 7.2
and current sendmail. I commented out the 'localhost only' line from the
config file and re-m4'ed. inbound mail works fine. outbound mail works
fine for those users who telnet in and use pine. users who use eudora or
netscape and pop3 to access their mailbox have outbound mail to other
domains rejected as relay attempts. I've included our domain in a RELAY
line in /etc/mail/access and re-hashed to get a new access.db file.
strings verifies the change in access.db. outbound mail still gets
dropped as a relay attempt.
what do I need to tweak to allow outbound 'relaying' from hosts within our
domain using a desktop mail user agent and pop3'ing up to our mailserver?
(while still keeping OTHER folks from relaying thru us)

\|/ ____ \|/ : Reality is elusive, subjective, and VERY disappointing....
/_( \__/ )_\ :   internet    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   \__U_/    :   fidonet     John Donohue 1:397/5258