I am going to be building a new RH 7.2 server with a HPT 370 controller.
After watching the discussion on this list, I have decided not to use
HighPoint's driver for RAID but to use the software RAID that comes with
RH.  I have a couple of questions regarding this and would appreciate
any help.

1)  I am going to be mirroring two IDE drives.  The drives are going to
be configured as primary master and secondary master.  If I use RH
software RAID, and the primary master fails, can I just make the
secondary master the new primary master and boot the system off of that
without causing any issues with RH software RAID?

2)  In case of a drive failure, I can down the system and replace the
drive.  What software tools do I then use to tell the software RAID to
re-build the mirror?

Thanks in advance for any help,
--Moby