On Fri, 22 Feb 2002 09:51:15 +0800
"Roger" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I remember there is a short cut key, Ctrl+something, that can submit the
> program that is controlling terminal to the background, so that the user
> could regain console again. But I forget it, can you remind me again?
> Thanks!

Perhaps you are thinking of 'Cntrl+z' which puts the foreground processes
to sleep, if it allows it (some don't), dropping the user to a shell
prompt.  The process can be resumed in the foreground using the 'fg'
command.  Not quite what you asked for, but close.

HTH,

Monte

--
All right, breaks over.  Back on your heads!!