Hello Cameron,

Friday, February 22, 2002, 1:04:36 AM, you textually orated:

CS> On 00:55 22 Feb 2002, Brian Ashe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
| DT>> Microsoft's browsers, last I checked, will even ignore .txt extensions
| DT>> and try to render a page that looks like it contains markup, which
| DT>> really pisses me off when I'm trying to make raw PHP code available
| DT>> for web viewing.
CS> | Use the .phps extension to show off your PHP code. If your apache/php are
CS> | properly configured it will even do a lovely job of source highlighting. I
CS> | use it all the time.

CS> That's hardly the point. The point is that David's server is serving
CS> up content as text/plain and IE is sniffing at it and saying "Ho! Looks
CS> like PHP or HTML or whatever: I'll _render_ it." Which is TOTALLY WRONG.

My point was not to say how to work around the IE crap. It was to show how
to nicely improve the display of PHP source code.

CS> As long as IE does this, it's irretrievably bugware and to be avoided.

I agree, and have been quite successful getting more people to switch to
Mozilla lately. The last 22 security patches in 3 weeks for IE was a bit too
much for my customers. ;)

Have fun,
 Brian Ashe                     CTO
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]              Dee-Web Software Services, LLC.
 http://www.dee-web.com/