> | When I send mail from my system the Return-Path: header in the email
> | is set to
> | this is obviously causing a few problems, how can I make sure that
> | this is set to the right address?
>
> The domain is set in /etc/sendmail.cf, thus:
>
>       Djcskk.homeip.net
>
> Bear in mind that you need to have a _real_ domain to use this.  For
> example, using your ISP's domain may cause trouble. If your system lets
> any email out (i.e. from random-account@your-host) then the return path
> will be [EMAIL PROTECTED] (if that's what you set). This
> is probably a very bad thing. This is why I obtained my own domain
> ("cskk.homeip.net", above). That way the namespace for the local parts
> is mine, and can't cause trouble fr my ISP or its users.

I've got a dyndns.org domain which is the next thing I'm going to setup,
however with that I've got a problem I need to solve. In /etc/hosts will
I need the ip addres that my machine is currently using eg

127.0.0.1       localhost.localdomain   localhost
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx skymoo.dyndns.org       skymoo

if so how can I write my current ip address in /etc/hosts?

Cheers

Adam

--
I AM NOT DELIGHTFULLY SAUCY

        Bart Simpson on chalkboard in episode 1F14