Frank,

On Monday February 25, 2002 11:22, you said something about:
> We have a print server device that connects parrallel cable to CAT5.
> http://www.startech.com/ststore/itemdetail.cfm?product_id=PS1100A
> This device works fine (although sometimes tempermental) with LPR driver on
> NT4 system pointed at LPT1:192.168.1.8 - it doesn't work (yet) with Linux.
> I'm not sure what info might be needed to resolve this, but here goes.  I
> installed RedHat7.2, then used 'printconf-gui' to add a printer:
> Name: Konica
> QueueType: UnixPrinter - LPD
> Server: 192.168.1.8
> Queue: lpt1
> driver: ljet3

Just a "did you check this" type question...

Do you have a firewall that is blocking the connection?
What port is it using?
The default firewall in RH7.2 would likely block this type of connection.

--
Brian Ashe                                                     CTO
Dee-Web Software Services, LLC.                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]