On Wed, Feb 27, 2002 at 02:01:01PM -0500, James Pifer wrote:
: I've posted to this list three times asking about VPN, IPSec or PPTP,
: for Redhat 7.2.I've been trying to get linux-pptp working without
: success so far.I can't seem to find any help on it.

Has it occurred to you that nobody on this list is using a VPN client
on Linux?

: Let me keep this simple. Is ANYONE using a VPN client on Redhat 7.2? I'd
: really rather not use freeswan if I have to recompile the kernel.

I think you have your answer.  And don't use pptp as a VPN protocol. It's
inherently insecure - flawed at the most basic level.  Use IPsec.

--
Jason Costomiris <><           |  Technologist, geek, human.
                    My account, My opinions.