On Wed, 2002-02-27 at 13:01, James Pifer wrote:

> I've posted to this list three times asking about VPN, IPSec or PPTP,
> for Redhat 7.2.I've been trying to get linux-pptp working without
> success so far.I can't seem to find any help on it.
>
> I have not received one response on my other three posts trying to get
> help with VPN.
>
> Let me keep this simple. Is ANYONE using a VPN client on Redhat 7.2? I'd
> really rather not use freeswan if I have to recompile the kernel.

I understand your frustration.  Keep in mind that there are some really
busy people here.  I think it is safe to say that there are people that
have setup vpns using linux on this list.  I am one of them.  I
personally found  simple ssh tunnel between two subnets the easiest to
set up but I also have freeswan running between my house and the office.

I have no experience with pptp

check out the Gordon's ssh vpn scripts at
http://www.dragonsdawn.net/~gordon/vpn/

BTW a quick search of the archives

http://www.prairienet.org/library/redhat/

might have been useful and then you caould ask a specific question.