From: gabriel [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2002 2:32 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: spontaneous lag (x3)

maybe i should mention that i'm still new at all this, and while i maybe
have configured named and have it running, i don't know if i did it
right.  i only know that it seems to be doing it's job.  so when asked
"the check my dns" i'm not sure where to start.  are you talking about
looking at how proftpd uses dns? or named itself?  and if either of
these are at fault, why does the machine work most of the time and not
of these few days?

and from what i understand, the probability of a hack on these machines
is very unlikely since they're both behind a router that has no open
ports (as we're running no services to the world through that router).

i'm fresh outta things to check, but think this is due the fact that i'm
not sure where i should be checking....