> My /etc/resolv.conf uses internal M$ DNS servers, (not maintained by
> me), that I know specifically do not have reverse dns setup.  In fact,
> they never have, and the current admin thinks it's stupid to use reverse

I believe that there's a typo there.  You meant to drop the t' and put a
period before the "to".

> dns.  But, forward dns works (all windows clients have registered
 and running my own reverse dns, but is it really worth it?

> Anyone else have any suggestions?

Convince the DNS administrator that s/he's a moron.  Many services run
better, or only, if reverse DNS is functioning.  This doesn't necessarily
mean that every host has to be in there, but you *must* at least get a
response from the DNS server.

Ed Wilts
Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]