Just taking a shot here since I have something similiar at home (though
using a Netgear hub and switch).

Is there buttons you can press to enable connections to another hub/switch
(so that you don't have to use a crossover cable)? Is there an "uplink"
port on each switch?

Use the uplink port on both, and push the "uplink" button on *one* of
the switches.

If there's no uplink toggle switch, then I believe you have to use a
crossover cable to connect the two switches together.

Paul Greene