Maybe something is wrong with the spanning tree algorithm in one of the
switches and they are not passes on routing info ??

Have you put the switch to switch connection into one of the "Working"
PC ports to see if that helps?  When you try to talk to one of the
remote hosts, does the link/data light flash on the port which links to
the switches together?   And one step further, does the link/data lights
on the remote switches PC ports flash ??

IE: Is the request getting out ?

Darryl