>On Thu, Mar 21, 2002 at 04:49:36AM -0600, Vidiot wrote:
>> >

>> >--tThc/1wpZn/ma/RB
>> >
>> >you can find it yourself by
>> >find / -type f \( -perm -4000 -o -perm -2000 \) \-exec ls -la {} \;
>> >then get rid of it by chmod
>>
>> I know where the file is.  chmod will not change the permissions.  It is
>> the other program that I need to run to be able to do that.  Then I can
>> fix it so that rm will work on it.
>
>chmod should change those permissions fine.  The numerical equivalent
>of -rws--S--- would be 6700.  An 's' or 'S' in place of the 'x' means
>that that group's id bit is set.  A capital 'S' means that the
>executable permission is _not_ set, and a lowercase 's' means that it
>is set.

Sorry, let me rephrase the question.  There are some files that have been
write protected that need to be unprotected.  That is the program I
am looking for.  If I try to change the mode and/or remove the file,
I get an operation not allowed.

I just can't remember to name of the program that sets those permissiosn.

MB
--
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]       It is God's job to forgive bin Laden.
                                It is our job to set up the meeting.