On 3/26/02 3:14 PM, "Patrick Nelson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm getting ready to implement fb on a system that is missing a driver for
> and this is a setting that I was wondering how to set within a grub
> environment.  So what is the entry?  Is it just the vga=2 part??  Can I do
> something like vga=771?  How would you implement ask?

Just use vga=ask, like this:

kernel /vmlinuz-2.4.7-10 ro root=/dev/hda2 vga=ask

> Probably questions that you had also...  Did you do the vga thing for fb
> support?

I'm not using fb.  I started out using vga=ask to see what my card would
support.  Vga choice 1 is 80x50, so I ultimately replaced 'vga=ask' with
'vga=1'.

> If so, did you config X with the fb driver?  Did it work ok?

The machine(s) I've been interested in doing this on don't run X, hence
wanting to squeeze as many lines into the console as possible.
--
Ed Marczak