On Mon, 2002-04-01 at 13:46, David Talkington wrote:

> Dan Stromberg wrote:
>
> >our users just hate starting out with something older than the latest.
>
> Well, ok, but it's their money ... they have to decide on the balance
> between stability and bleeding edge, and understand that for any given
> cash outlay for support, there are tradeoffs.  I'm sure you've explained
> that, and it sounds like they've chosen the former ... which suggests
> that they wouldn't be happy with a slower release cycle, wouldn't you
> think?

I have worked with users that always wanted the latest and greatest as
soon as they found out there was something else out there. My guess is
that in this case the users in question probably do not keep up with the
linux development cycle but know that there is a newer version of RedHat
out there and they WANT IT! If RH were slower on the releases their
buddy would not be saying "sheesh, your server is only on blahblah.1?
We are on blahblah.5."

Bret