Bill Crawford wrote:

> On Wed, 10 Apr 2002, Javier Gostling wrote:
>
> > Bill Crawford wrote:
> >
> > >  find /home/username -name .AppleDouble -print0 | xargs -0 rm -rf
> >
> > Also "find /home/username -name .AppleDouble -exec rm -f {} \;" will work
>
>  Except that's guaranteed to launch a separate process for each arg,
> whereas using xargs gives you more control over what you do with the
> arguments.

True enough, but I recall having seen quite a few programs complain about too
many arguments on the command line. This is obviously a buggy behaveiour
(although not a bug in itself) that makes using xargs risky if you don't know
in advance how many files your find will yield. Maybe this (mis)behaveiour I
describe  has been fixed since the last time I tried, which was some years
ago...

Cheers,

--
Javier Gostling