On Fri, 12 Apr 2002, Søren Neigaard wrote:

> I'm trying to make a script that should be run at startup, and I have
> placed it in /etc/rc.d/init.d

You need to understand runlevels, and the rc.d/ subdirectories. Start with
the man pages for chkconfig, or manually create the appropriate symlinks
in the appropriate runlevel directory.

Better yet, if you don't understand what I'm talking about so far, or plan
to have the script run in every runlevel, call your script from rc.local
instead.

--
"The only thing that helps me maintain my slender grip on reality is the
friendship I share with my collection of singing potatoes."

                        - Holly, JMC Vessel *Red Dwarf*