On 12 Apr 2002, Saul Arias wrote:

> I have to set up a VPN between two networks at separate physical
> locations over DSL connections (static IP), using two RH 72 boxes as
> end-points. After some research, I have found that I can use either
> FreeSWAN or Cipe.
>
> I do not know which way to go. It looks that FreeSWAN is the "standard",
> but looks much more complicated to set up than Cipe.
>
> Any suggestions, comments, recommendations will be appreciated.
>
> Saul

I just bought an excellent book published by NewRiders call "Building
Linux VPN's".  It's a very practical hands on HOWTO type book.  It goes
into very little theory and spends virtually all the rest on step by step
setting up a variety of VPN's.  Both CIPE and Free/Swan are included.

You might want to check it out.

--
Gerry

"The lyfe so short, the craft so long to learne"  Chaucer