On Fri, 2002-04-12 at 22:31, fred smith wrote:
> Dear RH gang:
>
> Does anyone have 7.2 ISO images complete with all the current errata?
>
> If not, can someone point me to documentation on how to create them?
> So far I've come up empty when looking for such info.
>
> Thanx!
> --

The message below is from the kickstart list a while back.  FWIW the rpm
part is not too bad it is the updated installation stuff that I have yet
to get my head around.  I wrote a perl script that will move the old
rpms out of the installtion tree after you copy the new ones into it.
It is a bit of work in progress as the current logic does not handle
multiple arches so the kernel stuff gets skipped and you have to do it
by hand.  let me know if you want it off list and I will send it to you.

I have not had to actually create the install cds since I do al my
installs via nfs and all the rpms are in the same tree.  Meaning I don't
have to split them out again into seperate cds.

On Wed Mar 27 2002 at 11:20, "Taylor, ForrestX" wrote:

> > Is there a Howto on this topic?

> Only the kickstart/anaconda-devel archives.

Which is a real blot on redhat, they appear to have a total lack of
committment to allowing others to do this sort of thing without
going through a lot of hassles and pain.  Oh, the tools are there
(bugs and all), but NO documentation for how to use them.  It has
been (still is) a painful process for me to figure out what's going
on.

It is very tricky to create installation images, especially of you
are wanting to modify it with updates or other customisations (like
bugfixes to the installer).

I have made an attempt to document it...

  http://www.linuxworks.com.au/rh-install-disks-howto.html

Unfortunately, this is a "work in progress" and needs a total
re-write, but it has all the clues to get you going in the right
direction.

Cheers
Tony