On Saturday 13 April 2002 01:58 pm, Bret Hughes wrote:
> On Fri, 2002-04-12 at 22:31, fred smith wrote:
> > Does anyone have 7.2 ISO images complete with all the current errata?

I do, but I have no place to host them. Putting them on my server
wouldn't help anyone, and my cable provider would be unhappy. :)

> > If not, can someone point me to documentation on how to create them?
> > So far I've come up empty when looking for such info.

There is the documentation Bret references below, but what I've done is:
I have 2 scripts to move all the rpm files around.
(The scripts are modified versions of those in the RedHat-CD-HOWTO
http://ha.redhat.com/docs/CD-HOWTO/RedHat-CD-HOWTO-5.html)

They require a single directory containing all of the current updated
rpms, and the Red Hat CDs. (or all of the stock rpms in another set of
directories)
The scripts create new disk1 and disk2 directories containing all the
files, replacing old rpms with the updated versions. The scripts, unlike
a few I've found on the net, properly handle the multiple architectures
of the kernel and glibc rpms. Files not included in the initial release
must be added manually. (such as the Omni packages).

Just remember to switch cds between running the 2 scripts. :)

To create new disks:
Copy all the files from the stock cds or .isos, excluding the RPMS/
directories into new disk1 and disk2 directories. (Include the hidden
.disk* files) Run the scripts (after editing the paths for your
situation) and generate the updated RPMS directories.

Then run /usr/lib/anaconda-runtime/genhdlist --withnumbers --hdlist <path>
/path/to/disk1 /path/to/disk2
(You may not need the hdlist path)
You should then be able to burn new cds from the resulting filesystem.

If you run out of disk space, you can remove some of the un-needed
boot.img files from disk1, and the preview directory from disk2

The scripts are available here:
http://www.tuxfan.homeip.net:8080/hacks/update_distro/

>   http://www.linuxworks.com.au/rh-install-disks-howto.html

- --