Hi folks,

I have a Dell box that I want to make dual boot.

The box:

P4, 512meg RDRAM, 20 gig hard drive, Windows XP

The problem:

The problem is the cylinder 1024 problem, I think.

What I've tried:

1) I used Partition Magic to create 6gig of empty space, and I moved the
NTFS partition a bit higher so that I could create a 50 meg /boot
partition well below cylinder 1024.

2) The partitions on the drive go like this (in order)
     a) Dell Utility (50 or so meg in size)
     b) /boot ext3 partition (50 meg)
     c) NTFS Win XP partition (12 gig)
     d) Extended partition containing:
        i)  /swap (1024 meg)
        ii) / (the rest of the hard drive which is about 6 gig)

3) Since Boot Magic won't work on NTFS, I specified GRUB in the RH
installer as my bootloader.

When I boot the computer, it goes directly into Windows, and doesn't go
into GRUB.  Do I have to do something in BIOS?  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Rob Yale