On Thu, 18 Apr 2002, Sharkey, Scott wrote:

> I did this, it worked like a charm, but now I'm finding with Openssh 3.x
> and RH 7.2 that the performance is DOG SLOW - like

Turn on and maximize compression. Check your link for packet loss. Are you
using a bigger application?

If none of this works for you, try using VNC over SSH. It's often much
more efficient, since it's just sending screen data instead of an actual X
client. YMMV.

--
"The only thing that helps me maintain my slender grip on reality is the
friendship I share with my collection of singing potatoes."

                        - Holly, JMC Vessel *Red Dwarf*