Title: Message
I'm using my computer ,Windows2k Pro with Putty installed, to login to my Redhat 7.2 server.  I'm using ssh and have X Forwarding enabled.  I want to startx and see it from my 2000 Pro machine.  I am having trouble doing so.  I set the xhost + and   export DISPLAY=myclient:1.0 .  If I try to run x by X -query myclient :1.0 I get  Xserver: unknown host: myclient:1.0  So I put  X -query myclient  and it runs on the server but hangs with a grey screen and an X for the mouse.  What am I doing wrong here?  Can anyone help me?

My goal is to allow clients to connect and startx.  I have a lab with 24 computers that want to connect to X during their class.

Thanks,
Kevin