Hello list members.

I've just configured my Red Hat 7.2 box as a gateway
for DSL and I've started using DHCPd again. The
problem is that the clients aren't getting an IP
address. I know the service is running because I did
"ps-aux | grep dhcpd" and it shows that
/usr/sbin/dhcpd is running. Here is the error I get on
a Windows client when trying to renew the ethernet
adapter:
-----
Error

DHCP Server Unavailible: Renewing Adapter
-----

On the server, in /var/log/messages, this is what is
outputted when I try renewing the adapter in Windows:
-----
Apr 21 12:08:57 commandcenter dhcpd: DHCPREQUEST for
172.16.11.1 from 00:c0:4f:a1:a3:53 via eth0
-----

On a Linux client when restarting the network there is
no error, but simply it uses an old address that was
once assigned to it (don't know how long ago) and in
both the client's and server's /var/log/messages there
are no errors.

Here is my /etc/dhcpd.conf file:
-----
subnet 172.16.0.0 netmask 255.255.0.0
{
        option subnet-mask              255.255.0.0;

        option routers                  172.16.10.1;

        option domain-name
"bogus.domain";

        option domain-name-servers      63.203.35.55,
206.13.28.12;

        option time-offset              -18000; # Eastern Standard Time

        range dynamic-bootp 172.16.10.2 172.16.10.254;

        default-lease-time 64800; # 18 hrs.

        max-lease-time 86400; # 24 hrs.
}
-----

I've looked in some books and the DHCP mini-HOWTO and
I think I've done everything right. Can someone help
me?

Thank you in advance.

=====
-----
This message is from Serban Giuroiu, also known online as The Gyzmo.
< g y z m o b r o @ y a h o o . com > AIM Screen Name: gyzmobro

"Code Smarter, Not Harder"
~~~~~