Hi,

I have installed in my system a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz sound accellerator.  The proper driver for this card (according to the docs) is the Crystal SoundFusion (cs46xx) driver.  When I run sndconfig it always identifies the card as:

Ensoniq|ES1371[AudioPCI-97] (a Creative Labs card) even though in modules.conf I have:

alias sound-slot-0 cs46xx (put there by a previous run of sndconfig)

which I thought should identify the driver to use.  Am I wrong?  The driver seems to load properly at boot.

Also, sndconfig has added the following to my modules.conf file:

post-install sound-slot-0 /bin/aumix-minimal -f /etc/.aumix -L >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
pre-remove sound-slot-0 /bin/aumix-minimal -f /etc/.aumix -S >/dev/null 2>&1 || :

Does anyone know specifically what these commands do or where I can find out?

The real problem is that X seems to use the card just fine whether it is recognized as Creative or SoundFusion.  Wave files and CD music are audible, but things like game sounds and game music work only sometimes and randomly.  I have tried many things to determine what is the cause when the game sounds do and don't play and have been unable to sort out the problem.  Any help and/or advise will be greatly appreciated.

Bill