I just noticed a new behavior on my system that I don't think was there before
upgrading to enigma...

When I send mail from mutt, it will fire up sendmail, fork a process and send
out the mail.  However, when I access sendmail via port 25 (like from Netscape
or from a client machine) the mail will be put into the queue until the queue
is next processed.

I have looked at the docs for the *.mc files, I've read the sendmail man page,
I've checked out /etc/rc.d/init.d/sendmail, and done everything short of
buying the O'Reilly Sendmail book that I can think of to find out how to get
the mail coming in on port 25 to process immediately if possible.

I have "SuperSafe=True" as an option, but I don't think that would make a
difference.

I have "QueueLA=8" and my machine usually runs closer to 0.

The default has "MinQueueAge=30m" which sets how long a message sets between
queue attempts.  Perhaps this is it?  I would think, though, that this would
be for the time between failed delivers attempts, not before the initial
one...

Now that I read things a bit more, I think this is the one that's doing it...
It looks from the man page like the default should be 0.  There isn't a
setting in the default /usr/share/sendmail-cf/cf/redhat.mc file about it, but
the m4/proto.m4 file sets it to 30m.  Maybe that's a changed default with the
sendmail-cf*.rpm package...  I'll try that tomorrow...

If anyone has any other suggestions, please let me know!

-Michael

--
In light of the terrorist attack on the U.S.:
        They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary