I tried some things and it seems that I have to restart sendmail twice for
changes in the /etc/sendmail.cf file to take effect.  Seems odd...

Anyway, if I have "MinQueueAge=0" in the config file, then the messages will
be relayed immediately.  However, if I'm not online then the sendmail daemon
doesn't seem to want to take the messages from the client.

If I take the line out (leave MinQueueAge at the default), then the messages
aren't immediately relayed but they are accepted from the clients right
away...

I'm lost...  With a bit of luck I'll have broadband next week and I will
change things so they are acceptable.  I'd still like to have the relayed mail
attempted right away and maybe a full-time connection will allow that...

Thanks!
-Michael

--
In light of the terrorist attack on the U.S.:
        They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary