On Tue, 23 Apr 2002, David Talkington wrote:

> If you're concerned enough about BIND security to bother with this (and
> history suggests that you should be), save yourself all this hassle and
> headache and try djbdns:  http://cr.yp.to/djbdns.html.

 Could I please recommend (from having seen it attempted in commercial
setting) NOT using djbdns?  We saw a lot of problems with it including
occasional fits where it would stop answering queries altogether.

 BIND named running as a non-root user should be secure enough for any
use as long as you are careful to disable remote access via rndc, deny
updates from all but trusted networks yada yada.