Rupendra Singh wrote:

> >> i unchecked it on all 4 systems. the problem did not solve.
> >
> > Remember, its Microsoft....you may have to reboot the 4 systems.
>
> rebooted many times since i unchecked.
>
> nothing happens !

Is your Win2000 Server an active directory controller? If so, there is
your problem. Active directory tries to register a bunch of resource
records in the DNS server. To eliminate this problem, you have several
possibilities:

1. Enable dynamic updates on your DNS server. This can be done to either
the main zone, or to specific zones (_msdcs.domain.com, _tcp.domain.com,
_udp.domain.com, _sites.domain.com)
2. Move your DNS to the Win2000 server.
3. A hybrid of the previous two (my choice). In your DNS, delegate the
subdomain mentioned in one to the Win2000 server, and setup the Windows
DNS server with primary zones for them, as well as a secondary zone for
the main domain.

If you choose alternative 3 and get stuck, get in touch with me and I'll
send a detailed procedure once I finnish writing it.

Cheers,

--
Javier Gostling
Ingeniero de Sistemas