hehehe love your signature !

-----Original Message-----
From: Cameron Simpson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 26 April 2002 13:56
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Sendmail and a BIG alias file

On 08:30 26 Apr 2002, Pieter De Wit <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
| I know this might be kinda off topic, but since everyone here is in the
| field, I thought I would pop the question here.
| How well does sendmail handle a *big* alias file (around 20000 entries) ?
Is
| there another way to handle such big alias requirements ?

Keeps it in a dbm file. We have over 40000 aliases at work; works just fine.
--
Cameron Simpson, DoD#743        [EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://www.zip.com.au/~cs/

network security:       1. Kill all your users.
                        2. Remove all accounts.
                        3. Detach network and dialups.
                        4. Turn off machine.
- David A. Guidry <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>