On 13:26 29 Apr 2002, Ashwin Khandare <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
| I somewhat didnt completely follow ur answer.
| Is that u have all your aliases stored in mysql table which u then populate
| in /etc/aliases  maybe by some shell scripts ?

I keep a strcutred representation of our users and groups in a MySQL
database. Those tables store things like mail delivery options, home
directories, group and subgroup memberships etc. I went into this at
some length in another post.

I have some perl scripts which walk those tables and write a text alias
file, which we then hand to the newalias command as normal.
--
Cameron Simpson, DoD#743        [EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://www.zip.com.au/~cs/

Yes Officer, yes Officer, I will Officer. Thank you.