There seems to be a problem with /etc/rc.d/init.d/network on various RedHat
distributions. I'm not sure if there is already a workaround or if I'm
simply just missing something. In any case, please let me know :)

Problem description:

RedHat's initscript script does the following in this order:

1) bring up interface
2) bring up default route
3) add static routes

This is the order I think it should be done in or at least how my network
configuration requires it to be done in:

1) bring up interface
2) add static routes
2) bring up default route

Or something like that. With our network setup here I cannot add the default
route before I didn't add the resp. network (static route).

The next is, when I use `any' in the /etc/sysconfig/static-routes I get a
`SIOCADDRT: File exists' error upon running the network script. When I use
`eth0' instead the route isn't set at all (and I couldn't find any reference
to a resp. command in the initscript either).

So for now I added the static route and the default gateway to
/etc/rc.d/rc.local but I don't like that way :(

Someone help please? :)

--Lars

Lars Rößiger

http://www.d33.net
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
D33 InterNet Service GmbH

---
Normal people believe that if it ain't broke, don’t fix it. Engineers
believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn't have enough features yet...