> It's a simple "beep, beep" noise coming from the internal speaker.
> Could somebody point me towards some documentation that will help me find
> why it's beeping like this?  Or should I just rip out the connection to
> that internal speaker?

Ok, that is the funniest thing I have ever heard (on a Linux mailing list
anyway).

That reminds me of Simpsons episode where Homer is driving the car and Lisa
tells him that his "Check Engine" light is flashing and beeping.  So Homer
says, "Thanks Lisa", and then proceeds to re-cover the light with black
electrical tape.

Sorry to make light of your current situation.

Trevor.