Hello Jake,

Thursday, May 16, 2002, 3:08:36 PM, you textually orated:

JM> It's the old version of mailstudio, we bought this license about two years
JM> ago, it's been working fine. I initially installed it on 6.2. From 6.2 to
JM> 7.2, it seemed that when I would set the hostname and domainname by using
JM> hostname name and domainname name, the settings would stay that way. But
JM> now under 7.3, each time I reboot, it changes...

JM> It doesn't tell me why it needs it, but it won't let me configure it
JM> without these settings..

Does the hostname, domainname and IP Address match the last machine you did?

It seems that it needs this info to confirm that the license key you have is
legitimate.

Other things to try...

Try setting "NISDOMAIN=<your-domain>" in the /etc/sysconfig/network file.
(Note: you need to restart the "network" service afterwards with a "service
network restart" command.

Ensure that your "HOSTNAME" is is an FQDN. Else a call to domainname _may_
fail. (See "man domainname")

For more info on setting all this up in a Red Hat system (it is still mostly
accurate and may help more because it is older and you have an older
program) you can go to
http://www.redhat.com/support/resources/howto/sysconfig.html

Hope it helps.

Have fun,
 Brian Ashe                     CTO
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]              Dee-Web Software Services, LLC.
 http://www.dee-web.com/