[root@orion home]# tar -zvtf 24.Full.tgz > /backuplist.txt
tar (child): 24.Full.tgz: Cannot open: Operation not permitted
tar (child): Error is not recoverable: exiting now
tar: Child returned status 2
[root@orion home]#

(I had to add the f flag to zvt, because it wouldn't look at my file, and
just sit waiting for input otherwise. but above is the results of your query.

Hope this helps!!
  :-)

Lloyd