>hi,Vidiot!
>       I know the arrow key and the letter key can move cursor quite well,but I'm
>wondering why not just use arrow key?so I think there's now arrow key in the old
>keyboard and the old vi have *NO* choice but  use letter key to move cursor?who can
>give me a picture of the oldest keyboard??

VI was developed long before the keyboards we use today were developed.
Back in the days before X was even developed, i.e., tty CRTs, using curses.

I don't have any photos of old keyboards.

MB
--
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]       It is God's job to forgive bin Laden.
                                It is our job to set up the meeting.