On Tue, 28 May 2002, CM Miller wrote:

> Hello.
> I have two Linux machines that both run RH 7.1 with
> the standard kernel.  I've just learned how to run
> apt-get, so one machine is up to date on packages, but
> in the process, I've had some problems with it.

apt-get on a RedHat box.. how.. odd :)  apt-get is typically debian, unless
someone modified it to understand the redhat system of updating files (and I
think I saw a web page with this).

If you are truly using RedHat, just go to any of the sites listed in
www.redhat.com/mirrors.html and pick one that serves updates.  Log in via
FTP and pull them down.

--

Sapere aude
My mind not only wanders, it sometimes leaves completely.