Hi, I am trying to install redhat linux 7.3 into IBM microdrive 1GB. The
microdrive is inserted into a Compact Flash II to IDE adapter, and the
adapter is connected to IDEcable. (http://www.mesanet.com/diskcardinfo.html)

 however the installation always stoped at the beginning. it stoped at
partion check after the system The BIOS recognizd it and it boots but during
the linux system boot up, it stoped at partition check.
>hda: IBM-DSCM-11000, ATA DISK Drive
>hdc: SONY CD_RW CRX120E, ATAPI CD?DVD-ROM drive
>ide0 at 0x1f0-0x1f7, 0x3f6 on irq 14
>ide1 at 0x170-0x177, 0x376 on irq 15
>hda: 2104704 sectors (1078 MB) w/60kiB cache, CHS=522/64/63, DMA
>hdc: ATAPI 24X CD-ROM CD-R-RW drive, 2048kb cache
>Uniform CD-ROM driver Revision: 3.12
>ide-floppy driver 0.99.newide
>Partition check:
>hda:

Any idea how to fix it?

I can install windows to it and boot it without problems

Li