On 2/06/2002 at 4:18 AM Mike Burger [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[gregausit/redhat-list] wrote:

>Did you check the BIOS settings for power saving?
>
>On Sun, 2 Jun 2002, Paul Greene wrote:
>
>> I just installed 7.3 on an IBM T21 Thinkpad. All went well except for
>one
>> little gotcha.

Sorry Mike ....

To expand a little, the IBM when used with the other OS it probably shipped
with, there is software which allows you to control the bios without having
to shut down and go into the bios, in Linux I am not sure of any tool that
does this, but there may well be ...   (the tools supplied are proprietary
IIRC)

Regards

Greg Wright
--

IT Consultant Sydney Australia     PH 0418 292020 -- Int. +61 418 292020
Available for Global Contracts      US Fax -- 801 740 2874