From: Chris Mason [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, June 05, 2002 8:01 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Hard drive boot problem

The problem is not getting RIAD to work, I've abandoned that idea, the
problem is I can't gt the hard drives to work not that I have ditched the
RAID card. I beleive it altered the MRB so that the drives do not boot any
more.
Does anyone have an idea how to clear the MBR?

Chris Mason
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Box 340, The Valley, Anguilla, British West Indies
Tel: 264 497 5670 Fax: 264 497 8463 Cell: 264 235 5670
http://www.anguillaguide.com/ The Anguilla Guide
Talk to me in real time:
MSN Instant Messenger: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Yahoo:netconcepts_anguilla
US Fax and Voicemail: (605)253-1759

> Just a rackmount 3U case with a Asus TUV4X motherboard. Is that relevant?
>
> Chris Mason
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Box 340, The Valley, Anguilla, British West Indies
> Tel: 264 497 5670 Fax: 264 497 8463 Cell: 264 235 5670
> http://www.anguillaguide.com/ The Anguilla Guide
> Talk to me in real time:
> MSN Instant Messenger: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Yahoo:netconcepts_anguilla
> US Fax and Voicemail: (605)253-1759

I was trying to determine whether it was a Compaq DL<something>, they have
issues with those running Linux. However, all that may be
required is just getting a new RAID controller that is Red Hat Certified.

-- Jonathan