Hello Kyle,

Wednesday, June 5, 2002, 11:19:30 AM, you textually orated:

KE> Hey everyone,
KE>   I'm in a complete state of panic as a contract job that I'm currently
KE> invovled in is coming to a close and I still can't get the Redhat 7.2 server
KE> with NFS to export the directories to several sgi boxs and an hp box.  I
KE> know its not a simple firewall problem as they will mount sucessfully but
KE> when you view the file list only the hard mount points show up and not the
KE> rest of the files that are being shared over the network(everything under
KE> the /mounts is shared from other smb and nfs machines).  A few days ago
KE> everyone seemed to work ok on a linux 4 box, but since the upgrade its been
KE> doing this.  I've had suggestions from people to change the MTU and
KE> rsize/wsize on the clients and nothing happened.

KE> If there is anything anyone can tip me off on I would be ever greatful.  If
KE> there is something I neglicted to tell I'm also sorry, please ask, I just
KE> need idea as the job ends tomorrow :(

You might want to pass on info from logs and such, but as a little test you
may want to try having it use nfs version 2 to see if it is a version
incompatibility.

mount -o nfsvers=2 server:/export_dir /import_dir

Note: some versions of nfs use different options (ie. vers instead of
nfsvers) so a man nfs may be in order.

Have fun,
 Brian Ashe                     CTO
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]              Dee-Web Software Services, LLC.
 http://www.dee-web.com/