On Fri, 2002-06-07 at 00:22, Brian wrote:
> I have a DSL connection that now connected to my Redhat 7.3 box, it
> acting as a router/firewall. Up to now ,I just have a established
> connection and allow nothing inbound only outbound, now I would like to
> setup a VPN to my network, I have selected SSH Sentinel for my Windows
> client (IPSec) and would like to use my Linux box as the VPN server?
> Does anyone out there can help me setup a VPN Server with IPSec.
> Can someone show me the light here? I know how to setup the client, but
> setting-up the linux box to accept an IPSec connection though my
> firewall?
>
> Report
> <http://www.computing.net/cgi-bin/report.pl/linux/wwwboard/forum/10295.h
> tml|0>

The only information that I heard about IPSec is that it cannot be NAT.
IPs on both ends must remain what they are during the connection. This
is not official or confirmed information. Just what I heard second hand.
So the two end points I believe they were trying to imply should be the
client and the firewall (if you are using NAT ofcourse).

Stephen