On Thu, 2002-06-13 at 08:49, Anand Buddhdev wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 13, 2002 at 08:37:53AM -0400, Rodney Fulk wrote:
>
> > Isn't that handled automatically by the card?
>
> It's supposed to, but sometimes autonegotiation doesn't always work
> right. Those who use cisco know it only too well.
>
> So I need to force the card to use full-duplex.

Autonegotiation is not a reliable feature of neither hubs, switches or
NICs. Your best chance for success is to force both ends to the speed
and duplex mode you want.

Your switch will have a vendor (and model somtimes) dependent procedure
to do this. Under linux, use the mii-tool program to set/query the NIC's
parameters. Try man mii-tool for more information.

Cheers,
--
Javier Gostling
Ingeniero de Sistemas