Hi,

i noticed something weird (or perhaps i am), when i change my root
password with passwd and chose something like "beroot", he complains
about the existance of the username inside the passphrase, but cause
i am root, i can retype and it seems that he change it the way i want.

But i am not able to login with my new password (also not with my old one).

I ve tested this on several RH installations.

So, does anyone know what is passwd writing? I know what to do in order
to change root pw to blank, but i really wondering what is happening during
the update...

thx for infos.