Hi,

I`ve found that everytime you change a password using the passwd command it will give
you the message you are getting, it is just a standard warning no matter what account
you are changing. It just basically says that the password you have entered is not
bad, it is just not every secure. It is just the systems way of warning you of this. I
read it somewhere on the internet, if i can find the site i will post the link.

Hope this helps....

>  from:    Emmanuel Seyman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>  date:    Tue, 18 Jun 2002 16:06:05
>  to:      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>  subject: Re: passwd crazy?
>
> On Tue, Jun 18, 2002 at 04:40:59PM  0200, Marc Logemann wrote:
> >
> > this is quite clear to me, but i am for sure not able to login, wether
> > with new or old password and this is quite abnormal...
>
> This is what I get when I change root's password to "beroot".
>
> [root@munshine /root]# passwd
> New UNIX password:
> BAD PASSWORD: it is based on your username
> Retype new UNIX password:
> passwd: all authentication tokens updated successfully
>
> After that I can login using that password and change it back just fine.
>
> Emmanuel

Keystone7