I attemped to restore the Red Hat 7.2 ( not 7.3) from a back up to the machine that I had low level formatted and created a premilinary DOS partition by fdisk. However, I got hung on GRUB when rebooting.

I am new with Linux.

Thank you for your assistance.
Best,

Can you explain a little more clearly what your problem is?

It sounds like the master boot record was somehow overwritten.
You will probably have to reinstall grub. Did you make a grub bootdisk?

geoff

_______________________________________________ Redhat-list mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] https://listman.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/redhat-list