Truc,

Your problem is starting to move beyond the point where I can provide
specific advice but here are a few hints that you might try.

1. I am not sure about using DOS fdisk to create the partitions and
filesystems for installing Linux RH7.2.  Windows needs to be installed on an
FAT type filesystem while RH7.2 and other flavours of linux are usually
installed on either ext2 or ext3 type filesystems.  If this means nothing to
you, then we might talk about this some more.  Summary: Make sure that you
have set up your partitions and filesystem correctly for Linux.

2. At the very beginning of every hard disk there is something called the
Master Boot Record.  I don't know all of the technical terms to describe it
but it is enough to know that it is a small amount of memory on the firsts
sector of the hard disk which can be read by the BIOS.  So, the BIOS's
bootloader looks to the Master Boot Record (MBR) to find out what
instructions should be carried out.   When you say you are hung on Grub, I
assume that means you are hung on the instructions that are being processed
from the MBR.

3. Now, point number 1 should be taken care of before you proceed down this
path -- Linux won't work unless it is on the proper filesystem.
        i. create a Grub Boot floppy
        ii. reinitialize the first sector of your hard disk ('FDISK /MBR' from DOS)
        iii. install Grub Natively.

Find "the Grub manual " on the internet.  Go to page 5 and 6.  There are
detailed instructions that willl take you through.

Let me know if this helps.
geoff

ps. Please don't send your emails in html. I wonder if Hotmail allows you to
turn that off....