Hi all,

I have a couple of questions related to the kernel compilation:

a/ If there is a new kernel source released by redhat can you configure it
by using a previously saved .config file? What if there are new menus items
added in the new source will they be preserved? If not then I guess the only
way is to configure every new release manually every time. Do menu items
change within the same redhat release for example between kernels 2.4.18-3
and 2.4.18-5?

b/ Is there a tool that will allow to print kernel configuration from the
.config file in some more structured\ human friendly form?

Thank you,

Peter Kubecka