>   I just recently installed RH 7.0 on a machine with the Adaptec 1542.
>  I had to use the 'drivers.img' file from the /images directory of the
> install cd. Use rawrite to make a floppy image of the additional
> drivers,  and when the install process can't find your card, use the
> drivers from the floppy. Just select the  Adapthec154x series and the
> default settings.   If you have to pass specific options to get the
> card recognized, use the form:
>                   aha1542=0x330
>        or,       aha1542=330
>
>                                                            Regards,
>
>                                                              Tom

HHHmmm. I'm still missing something because the above thing you told me is
completely logical and is in fact what I tried the first time. My steps are:

1> Boot from CD.
2> Select the drivers installation option
3> Insert drivers disk when asked.

But after this, it just jumps back into installation without picking up the
card. No screen showing me the card setting or anything, or the fact that
it's even found it, just the boot floppy light comes on, goes back off, and
that's it. Straight into installation again.

Am I missing a step?

Regards,
Ed.