> some questions on this (thanks for doing this, by the way).
>
> first of all, I'm running Red Hat Linux 7.3, pretty much out of the box
> (plus eratta).
>
> On 29-Jan-02 Rodolfo J. Paiz wrote:

snip.....

> note that the AUTH line is not there.
>
> any hints ?

You did restart the sendmail daemon, correct?  I'm also running 7.3 and
the only changes that I needed were to uncomment the appropriate lines in
sendmail.mc, rerun the M4 macro, and restart sendmail.

> Next question. Assuming that all relaying is to be done by smtp
> authentication, and none by domain, are steps 10,11,12 necessary ? (i.e.
> /etc/mail/relay-domains is non-existant)

There is no need for relay-domains to exist as long as all mail clients
are using authentication.  If not, even your own lan users will be
rejected when they try and send mail.

Gerry
--
"The lyfe so short, the craft so long to learne" Chaucer